Colin Smith Partnership have proven experience of delivering positive business outcomes to our clients, and believe that our desire to make a difference leads to commercial success for our clients in the development of their built assets. We are the leading and largest Cost Consultancy and Project Management practice in the Channel Islands with eight RICS qualified Quantity Surveyors.
Colin Smith Partnership has been providing professional quantity surveying, project management and cost consultancy services in the Channel Islands for over 60 years.
Based in Jersey we work in all the Islands, the UK mainland and Ireland and through our associated UK practice Arcadis, can offer a worldwide built asset consultancy service.
Acting as trusted advisors to Clients, we assist in planning and executing strategies that optimise the construction, operation, use, ownership and maintenance of built assets.
Our key is to deliver value through the application of our diverse experience, professional skills and technology sector know-how in order to maximise the benefit from money spent on building, operating, occupying, using and owning assets.
Creativity & Market Knowledge
Our approach to project management and quantity surveying is based on the use of modern, sophisticated tools and techniques, combined with excellent training and using RICS qualified personnel, enables us to provide bespoke project solutions.
Projects are critical to a business success and we strive not only to minimise the risk of failure but also to maximise the value that the project brings, regardless of size or complexity.
Our staff include not only project managers and quantity surveyors but also a specialist construction manager. Project teams are always headed by a partner with the appropriate technical staff as required.
Office capacity throughout a year will vary but having a total number of staff of 10 enables us assemble project teams relatively easily, once formed, a project team will not be changed except in exceptional circumstances.
Commerciality & Track Record
Our background as quantity surveyors give us a unique appreciation of overall project cost, the drivers for that cost, the opportunities to reduce cost and risk and the tools needed to deliver successful projects.
Our track record in Jersey goes back to 1947 and our client list and number of repeat projects for them demonstrates our successful record.
Why Colin Smith Partnership?
Strong track record of delivering commercial office fit-outs
We have a proven track record of exceeding our Client expectations
Close working association with Arcadis, one of Britain's largest Cost Consultancy practices
We understand the importance of assertive commercial management to meet Client demands
We place significant importance on our relationship with Clients and are committed to further development of this relationship
We employ the best people in the market who have all strong local market knowledge
We recognise how built assets deliver ultimate value
We know how to deal with utility, infrastructure and authority issues
- I am happy to confirm that the partnership is known to the Bank HSBC Jersey. It is on the panel of acceptable project managers for property development. We have used them to manage projects on our behalf and been happy with the results.
- I would have no hesitation in recommending Colin Smith Partnership. The attention to detail and the service provided to our firm was unique. Their professionalism and detailed focus is unquestioned, but more importantly in our view, they brought to the team a sense of humour, realism and an uncanny eye for sensing potential problems ahead (always accompanied with a strategy for pre-empting /addressing such issues).
- Aztec engaged Colin Smith Partnership to project and financially manage the relocation of our 80nr strong business into new premises during 2009. Their professionalism, experience and individual personalities enabled delivery of this complex project within the strict parameters of cost, time and quality that we set. We would highly recommend to any business reviewing their property needs to consider the services they can offer.
- CSP's services were invaluable to us during our move to 37 Esplanade. They kept the project on time and on budget and were always available to deal with urgent issues swiftly, as they arose.
- We engaged CSP to act in a Project Management and Quantity Surveying role for our recent move to new build premises. CSP gave us enough room to shape the project and helped steer us to where we wanted to be whilst maintaining a firm grip on all aspect of the build and associated costs. I would have no hesitation in recommending CSP to companies wishing to re-locate to new premises.
- First Names Group engaged Colin Smith Partnership to undertake the dual role of Project Management and Cost Consultancy for their relocation to the third floor of 37 Esplanade. Their commercial experience, professionalism and resource management ensured delivery within strict budgetary and programme deliverable targets.
- CSP’s professionalism in all aspects of the project management and cost control during the planning and implementation stages provided the foundations for Equiom to realise their Jersey strategic property aspirations.
- We used CSP as Project Managers for our office fit-outs in Jersey and Guernsey in 2008 and 2009 respectively. I was very impressed with their attention to detail, monitoring costs against budget and being proactive in dealing with contractors throughout the process from the issuing of RFPs to completion of the projects. I would have no hesitation in recommending CSP to another firm.