CSP were employed as cost consultants on this project. The construction included working in and adjacent to occupied premises which required the careful management of issues such as noise limitation, dust control, maintaining access routes etc.
The Works were completed in six phases and comprised the following:
- Internal alterations to the existing first floor Daycare area, including the provision of a second operating theatre and associated extension to form a corridor.
- Single storey first floor extension incorporating a minor operations area.
- Three storey extension over the existing library to provide office accommodation and a ward area at first floor level.
- Adjoining extensions forming ancillary areas and linked circulation routes between the new accommodation and existing buildings.
- Associated site works, drainage and external services.